Could not access F8

Closed
Allyne - May 8, 2010 at 08:06 PM
djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 - May 8, 2010 at 08:27 PM
I have a problem with my computer which operating a windows xp. After my Pc automatically shut down i tried to push the power bottun and the windows is no longer loading. I was advice to go on safe mode by pressing F8 but every time i do that the pc beeps 2x similar to memory failure or problem i guess.. then after that the pc will shut down. what could be causing the problem or what can i do?
Related:

1 response

djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 19
May 8, 2010 at 08:27 PM
Allyne,

Are you working from a desktop or a laptop computer?

Make sure you are waiting long enough after pressing the power button to start pressing the F8 key. If you press it to soon every time you touch a key you will hear a beep. Try your power-up wait a second then begin to press (no hold) the F8 key until you enter the advanced start-up options.

On another note the Beeps you hear from your computer are part of the computers POST (Power On Self Test) Depending on the BIOS manufacturers one or two beeps usually means the computer has passed all of the POST and should start normally.

Again I would need some more info, what model of computer? That would help very much.