Replace cell if value of cell offset

Solved/Closed
dirtydan - May 10, 2010 at 06:14 AM
 dirtydan - May 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM
I have been trying to copy a report from HTML into excel and have run into several problems. First off the numbers have two blanks after them and every solution I have found always leaves one behind. I found a 3rd party add-on that does the trick but I don't think I can install it at work. Any other suggestions would be great.

More importantly though I have a column of numbers that any value over 98.44 is formatted green and left blank. I want to replace the blanks with either 98.44 or 100 based upon the value of the cell 4 columns over being greater to 0 or equal to 0. I know that it should be fairly easy but I can't get it to function correctly. If I could get it to select column B where the blanks are that would be great also.

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 10, 2010 at 11:42 PM
Could you please zip up sample html and resulting excel file and upload on some shared site like https://authentification.site and post back here the link to allow better understanding of how it is now and how you foresee.
I actually looked around and pieced together the coding that I needed. I tried several to trim the cells and only found this that did the trick that I needed. As far as the replace if I had the coding right but was trying to run it on a sheet where the data not "trimmed" so it was not able to calculate correctly as it was recognizing the numbers as text. Here is the coding for anyone in a similar situation.

' This starts trim of all cells

Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.EnableEvents = True 'should be part of Change Event macro
If Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Then
MsgBox "Calculation was OFF will be turned ON upon completion"
End If
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
Dim cell As Range
'Also Treat CHR 0160, as a space (CHR 032)
Selection.Replace What:=Chr(160), Replacement:=Chr(32), _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
'Trim in Excel removes extra internal spaces, VBA does not
On Error Resume Next 'in case no text cells in selection
For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
cell.Value = Application.Trim(cell.Value)
Next cell
On Error GoTo 0
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

'This replaces blanks with %

For myRow = 1 To 140
If Cells(myRow, 2).Value = "" And Cells(myRow, 6).Value = 0 Then
Cells(myRow, 2).Value = 100
End If
If Cells(myRow, 2).Value = "" And Cells(myRow, 6).Value > 0 Then
Cells(myRow, 2).Value = 98.44
End If