Blue screen

Closed
vampire49 - May 14, 2010 at 06:38 AM
 kristain - Jun 2, 2010 at 02:28 AM
Hello,
When i open windows xp it shows me a blue screen with some strange symbols . Can anyone help please
Related:

24 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 14, 2010 at 06:44 AM
Hi,

If you have a problem with Windows, please why to you show Linux as your configuration?
this year is my first year in high-school and so my school gives every student of the first year in high-school a netbook .there are three operating systems pre-installed windows xp , ubuntu 9.04 and ubuntu 9.04 recovery modethats why , so you think you can help me
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 14, 2010 at 07:02 AM
I am more of the viruses/security expert on this forum. I will refer your case to BJ Smurf the ultimate expert in Blue screen issue. Just be a little patient for he is very busy.

Good luck.
where are you ? i mean in usa united kindom etc

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 19
May 14, 2010 at 04:43 PM
Vampire49,

You said that this laptop is a school issued laptop? Before you attempt to troubleshoot the Blue screen error you are getting you may want to check with the school. I'm sure the school would be more then happy to repair the system if they own it.

If you still want to attempt to troubleshoot the problem I will need a bit more info.

Does windows xp make it to the login screen and once you attempt to login you get a blue screen or are you getting the blue screen when you attempt to boot into windows XP?

If you can can you please post the information that is on the blue screen. (see below)

The problem seem to be caused by by the following file:_______________

Technical Information:
actually the goverment has given us the netbooks and my school has given us the money

well the blue screen appears when i try to boot.it shows me first the loading screen but without the blue boxes in the bar.

now when i see the blue screen the only thing is in the last line , it sais :
*** STOP 0x00000024
blue screen means ...its a ram problem..just chech u r ram...
May 15, 2010 at 07:07 AM
Hello DJ

Just a hint that may lead you in helping the Vampire, I found it today.

The error code 0x0000024 means:

Erreur STOP Windows
Name : NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
Solution
Problem with the NTFS file manager. Due to a IDE controller, a faulty IDE disk or cable.

I hope this help to guide him through a solution.

Regards
djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 19
May 15, 2010 at 02:21 PM
Hey Ambucias,

Thanks for the info, I knew what the stop code described, and the fix for it, just busy busy :)

Vampire please don't worry about your ram as stated about as soon as I have a chance I'll sit down and type up the fix today.
May 15, 2010 at 03:47 PM
Vampire do you have the windows install CD?
no otherwise i would have boot from the cd and perform a repair
May 15, 2010 at 06:26 PM
Vampire,

Just had to be sure the basics are out of the way first mate. You don't need your xp install CD any windows install Cd will work, so that we can repair the NTFS volume by using Recovery Console.

If not head to this site:

https://www.boot-disk.com/index.html

Download Active@ Boot Disk (Win + DOS 10-days trial version) install (you will need a blank CD-R) run the pro. and make a boot CD.

once the CD is made run your computer so that it will boot from the CD, if you need help with those steps let me know. This program that you will be running has a lot of great tools on it have a look through it if you like. once this boots up on your system you may just be able to exit and restart your system with no problems.

If not we can use that same CD to run the chkdsk /r let me know how it goes of if you have another windows setup disk.
there is a problem , i don't have a blank CD-R !
can i repair it from the same pc on ubuntu operating system
if you have read all the comments you willl see that i am in high-school.here in greece first class of high-school is when you are 12 years old.
i have a netbook which is so small that i can't have a cd drive in it can i do it with a usb 2.0 and getting into BIOS and include usb drive hdd in boot menu???
May 15, 2010 at 07:00 PM
yes vampire the software I gave you give you the option of using a usb, im sorry failed to remember that you had a netbook when I wrote that, but yes usb will do just fine mate
And what's next ?
May 16, 2010 at 01:51 AM
lol, i just did a netbook not long ago with similar problems, it was a pain to do but not so bad in the end, let me know how it goes mate.
there is a problem : i can't install it on ubuntu and i do not have any other pc!!!
i passed the program on my <<flash>> but if i boot from the pc it tells me that there is no operating system and nothing else
May 16, 2010 at 07:19 PM
alright let me see what I can find vampire and ill get back to you
thanks .i tried something .as we have already said i have ubuntu on the same pc . well i copied all the files of windows system32 on my usb and then tried to boot from usb but this time nothing only black screen.but with this move when i boot from the hard drive the loadig screen appears and it is loading and then the screen becomes black .and after that the m@therf@<king BSOD appears again
May 17, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Vampire

so you have access to the windows system folder through ubuntu?? That can help us out, just copying the system 32 files will not do much as you need to go through setting it up as a bootable windows disk which is slightly difficult but can be done, this is good news though ill be in touch.
well know i think we should both try to find 2 different files on the web :
1) a burning program for usb for UNIX/LINUX/UBUNTU
2) a holly file NTFS of windows uploaded by someone who the god must protect him for the rest of his life

I have made a research for how to fix an error 0x00000024 but all solutions need xp install disk
May 18, 2010 at 02:45 AM
Vampire,

What size is your usb, we can copy the boot files from windows and make your usb bootable, and it should not be a problem from your other OS's. The process is a bit tricky but as long as you can access the windows system files we should be able to do it.