Thursday January 28, 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
August 2, 2020
-
Hello,

= LOOKUP(1E+30,Sheet3!E118:E141)

I jused this formula to look up the last date of a range, but now want to change it to names but it wont work. Only work on dates or numbers. Please help??

Thanks

1 reply

Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
August 2, 2020
For look up the data needs to be sorted, i think.

Use VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP

VLOOKUP("Joe" ,Sheet3!E118:E141, 1, false)
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
August 2, 2020
Ok I am lost what this has to do with look up ?
I posted a nother question witch I rever to in the top part of my awnser, but the the dropdown in the flag colum must lookup the last name in that range and ad the name to the top cell.
ex = LOOKUP(1E+30,Sheet3!E118:E141) this works for numbers and not for names. cant sort the names, see attached sheet.

Thanks
I posted a nother question that i rever to at the top of my awnser, ignore this, dont think it wil work!!! See the first question at the top.

dropdown in the flag colum must lookup the last name in that range and ad the name to the top cell. Cant sort the names. Thanks
ignore the message Per4. See first post and download sheet.

dropdown in the flag colum must lookup the last name in that range and ad the name to the top cell.

VLOOKUP("Joe" ,Sheet3!E118:E141, 1, false) cant sort names and have more than 1 name in range. Thanks
Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
August 2, 2020
sorry for some reason I still am not following you. Could you explain again by refering to actual cell address. Explain the situation