Unknown Errors With My Computer

Closed
Anon - May 18, 2010 at 05:53 PM
 Blocked Profile - May 19, 2010 at 03:31 AM
Hello,

I seem to be having very unusual problems with my computer, it has been happening for quite some time and after searching the internet for AGES, i haven't been able to find a suitable explanation for it.

When this problem occurs, it is most evident when opening folders and such. Actions such as copying, cutting, moving, extracting are not accessible and i am unable to open any existing folders. Similar problems occur in programs, as i am unable to start any programs or files, begin new tabs in an existing internet explorer, bring up windows task manager (when i do all i get is a blank box), right click items to bring up the list of options...

I have observed that it does seem to occur more often when continuously opening up folders and searching through files - exploring through your drives. I am wondering whether it has anything to do with too much cpu or memory used up, but it continues to happen when the minimal amount of programs are running. It returns to normal when rebooting but may occur again if i search through my drives.

Thanks,

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 19, 2010 at 03:31 AM
Dear Anon,

Please have the problem solved by repairing your system through the below method.

http://ccm.net/faq/2508-repairing-windows-xp

Thank you.