Winxp monitor goes black after one second

Closed
azril bin abu bakar Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2008 - Nov 6, 2008 at 12:03 PM
 Brian - Dec 17, 2009 at 08:31 PM
Hello,
my name is azril and my pc's monitor goes black after one second.the only thing I can see the screen for one second is to turn off the monitor button and then turn it on.but it will still go black again after one second.i am not sure what caused this problem.well there is something I did that I think may have spoiled the monitor. well. my computer kept on getting a blue screen of death. the only way to fix it is to um well smack the hard drive if you know what I mean.well but I think after I bought the rainbow six 3 and installed it it caused the monitor to go black.i think it is when I installed directx 9.i think it is when I updated my ati radeon xpress 200 series graphics card.any solution are welcome and thanks:)
Related:

6 responses

found the ocd adjustment helps if set to 120 but still blacks out every so often,my screen flicker a bit so thinking the problem is in the auto shut down or sleep mode chip...still looking for a fix.
I've got the same issue. Started occurring randomly while I was using my computer. Haven't been able to test a different monitor yet or try my existing monitor on a different computer. It's extremely frustrating!!!
My Samsung SyncMaster 932B started to black right after I turned it on. I thought it was the computer so I plugged the monitor into the laptop and turned on the monitor. The monitor still showed the picture for a few seconds then went to black.

After studying online Samsung documentation, I noticed that the screen wasn't 100% off. There was a very faded picture -- enough to figure lower the brightness and contrast to 0. I was trying to set brightness/contrast to 0 because the manuals indicated that was the first step to get to some technical settings. I was attempting to see if there was some kind of hard reset on this factory screen. I didn't go that far though because once I set everything to 0 and turned on the monitor, the picture did not disappear -- but it was very hard to read with 0 brightness/contrast. Through trial and error, brightness is 35 and contrast is 50 -- this isn't really acceptable. It will do while I try to return this monitor for repair and also look for a bigger monitor.

Oh, if you smell something burning from the monitor, that might also be a sign that the monitor is the root of all display problems.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 6, 2008 at 12:07 PM
smacking the hard drive is a good way to break the computer.
azril bin abu bakar Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2008
Nov 7, 2008 at 12:00 PM
lol I know that because that's the only way to cure the blue screen of death
(BSOD)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
same problem here, on other computers the monitor works perfect. I don t know what "smackin the hard drive" means so I probably haven't done it. Before this happened the same problem occured after stand by, and after rebooting the pc the monitor worked fine, so I turned off the automatic stand by option. now this occured and I dont know what to do.

Please if you found a solution, or konw what the problem is post it here, thanks in advance
IS BECAUSE U PROBLY INSTALLED AN OLD VERSION OF DIRECT X....THATS Y UR PC KEEPS TURNIN OFF AT ALL TIME...IT HAPPEN TO ME WHEN I INSTALLED NEED FOR SPEED UNDERCOVER AND HAD TOLD ME TO REINSTALL DIRECT X...DIDNT CHECK FOR UPDATE AND INSTALLED DIRECT X 9 FOUR DAYS AGO...AND FOUND OUT MY PC KEPT GOIN OFF ALL THE TIME I WAS PISSED..AND I THOUGHT IT WAS THE GAME THAT OVERHEATS AND KEEPS TURNININ OFF THAT Y I BOUGHT A POWER SUPPLY BIG ASS ONE..CAUSE MY PC OVERHEATS AND I FIX THE PROBLEM TODAY THANKS FOR ALL WANTIN TO KNOW WUT WAS CAUSIN THE PROBLEM..U SHULD HAVE THE NEW DIRECT X I THINK IS 11...THX