Excel-Formula

Closed
CHRIS - May 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Netscur Posts 21 Registration date Thursday July 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2012 - May 25, 2010 at 01:41 PM
Hello,

I have 3 columns K, L and M that 2 of the fields are n/a and 1 of the fields will have
refresh, reimage, upgrade or no touch. I am trying to get the value that is not in n/a to go to column N
So K2=n/a, L2=reimage, m2=n/a...How can I get Column N to stay reimage??

Thanks
Christine

1 response

Netscur Posts 21 Registration date Thursday July 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2012
May 25, 2010 at 01:41 PM
Are the cells that have "n/a" in them a result of an formula error or is the "n/a" text?

The following formula should give you the desired results if only one of the three cells is going to not equal "n/a" and "n/a" is text, not a formula error.

=IF(K2<>"n/a",K2,IF(L2<>"n/a",L2,IF(M2<>"n/a",M2,"Fail")))

This formula will start searching against the data in cell K2; if it finds "n/a" it will go on and compare "L2". If still finds "n/a" it will look at M2. As soon as any of the cells has data not equal to n/a, cell N will be populated with that found data. The way the formula is written, if all three cells are populated "n/a" the result will be "Fail".