My new computer does NOT recognize my printer [Solved/Closed]

Yaya - Nov 10, 2008 at 12:36 PM - Latest reply:  Shujjat
- Aug 12, 2010 at 03:10 AM
Hello,

I just bought a new computer with Wndows Vista. I have a HP Laserjet 1200 seires printer that my computer cannot seem to recognize. The printer was given to me....worked well with my very old compueter (?)....so I don't have a disc to intall it to my new computer. I'm not very computer savyy and don't know what to do. Any suggestions out there?
See more 

5 replies

+24
Helpful
i have that problem and went to the printer web site and downloaded it from there
Was this answer helpful?  
+12
Helpful
I have a acer lap top that dont recognize my dell printer
xpcman 18839 Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration dateContributorStatus April 23, 2018 Last seen - Nov 10, 2008 at 01:31 PM
+10
Helpful
I have a LaserJet 1200 that works just fine with Vista. Go to this site and download the PCL5 driver. Then install it and plug in the printer.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/...
+2
Helpful
go to windows update fist conct printer with pc and start update its automatic downoad ur printer in windows 7. but in win vista . go to this hp.com and download printer driver
Helpful
You will most likely need the disc to install software, Most HP company update their firmware and drivers with the IP Address given.