Vista hanging on

Closed
zigzag575 - Nov 13, 2008 at 02:19 PM
 zigzag575 - Nov 13, 2008 at 04:58 PM
Hello,

COMPUTER INFO:
Running Vista Home Premium (64 bit) on an AMD Phenom 8400 Trible Core Processor with 4GB RAM.

PROBLEM:
The problem happens when I install Panda Global Protection 2009 from Panda Security. After I install the Firewall/Antivirus Suite Vista hangs on startup. When I try to start up, the OS will some times get past the user/password page before hanging and sometimes it won't get any further than the user/password page when it will hang. The software is supposedly designed for Vista 64 bit, that is the main reason I chose it. However, it received excellent review at cnet.com also. I've contacted Panda Security for help but their last response was they would get back when they figured out what to do. 72 hours and still have not heard back from them.

Have you got any idea how to install the software and then actually run the computer too. Thanks for any help provided.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 13, 2008 at 03:29 PM
first you need to uninstall Panda software.

boot the PC and hit F8 multiple times during the boot process. This will start "safe mode" select one of the options "safe mode with networking" is fine. The PC will slowly boot into a limited subset of Vista.

go to START - CONTROL PANEL - select CATEGORY and then PROGRAM AND FEATURES

You can then select the Panda software and uninstall it.
xpcman,

Thanks for the advice on uninstalling the software. I've already done that and tried to reinstall the software a couple of different ways. I cleaned up the registry and installed the software, I installed the software onto a different drive, etc. but the end results is always the same, the computer hangs on startup. So I'm using Avast Antivirus and Windows Firewall for now but I still need a better security setup so I'd like the Panda Global Security 2009 to work. It supposed to be 64 bit compatible and that's what I need. Panda Security may not be as compatible to a 64 bit OS as they advertise. Still waiting to hear back from them. Thanks again for taking your time to try to help me out.

ZZ575