Black screen

Closed
Beth - Jun 3, 2010 at 01:54 PM
 Beth - Jun 4, 2010 at 08:48 AM
Hi,
I'm having a problem with my Acer Aspire laptop (with Windows Vista)- it starts up normally, I get the screen with the little green scrolling bar for start up and then the screen goes black. It makes the nice little start up sound after going black, so I know the comp is still working, but nothing is visible. I've tried ctrl+alt+del and pretty much every other button on the keypad to no avail.
I have also pressed F8 during start up to start in last known good configuration and to search for problems (it doesn't find any and continues start up to black screen again). The other big hitch is that when I start it in safe mode, the screen is visible and normal, but the keyboard and mouse don't work! I think this is probably a Vista problem, from when new updates came through recently or perhaps a driver problem? I'm not very savvy if you couldn't already tell.
If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I would really appreciate it! Thanks a ton!

Beth

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 4, 2010 at 07:32 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider getting the problem fixed through the following method.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

Thank you.
I saw that suggestion online and tried it a couple of times- no luck. I'm pretty sure that the computer completely boots up- the tell-tale sound it normally makes and also the green light flashes near the power button. It will spin a DVD and doesn't sound like it's having trouble reading it. But then again, I can't tell what it's doing without seeing the screen. Thanks for the suggestion!