Powers on 4 afew seconds then repeats

Closed
Cody - Jun 4, 2010 at 05:05 AM
anjana03 Posts 209 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 - Jun 4, 2010 at 05:19 AM
Gonna give a little background on the issue to clarify the situation.

2 weeks ago i finished building this computer from scratch. Everything worked fine. I then shipped it overseas to japan where i am currently stationed.

At first when i plugged it in and hit the power button it did nothing. So i took it apart and checked all of the connections to see if anything had been knocked loose.

From there it powered on, but only for a few seconds, then would shut off an atempt to power on again. It repeats this process indefinitly until i un plug the power cord.

I have taken everything apart and started with just plugging in the require stuff to get it to start. Ive made sure everything is plugged into the correct spot and all of that.

My question is would the power supply, case, or motherboard be the most probable cause of the issue?

My case is the Coolmasters HAF 922. I took the top piece off and checked all the connections and it seemed fine.

The mother board is MSI NF980-G65

power supply is a coolmaster 1200 watt.

nothing seems unusual except for it wont power up. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Especially after spending almost 4 grand on it and not being able to use it now.
Related:

1 response

anjana03 Posts 209 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 57
Jun 4, 2010 at 05:14 AM
some times we are getting big prolem from minor things. ithink this is setting problem of power option in control panel look on power setting. some time loose fitting of processer fan creat this problem and also we look fan is working but is not working properly .we can check this problem changing other new fan. thanks
anjana03 Posts 209 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 57
Jun 4, 2010 at 05:19 AM
some time we get same problem using un sutible processer on mother bord as we should not use pentium/cellon prosser in msi g31 bord . if we use this thing we get same problem.