MS Error There was an error opening the file.

Closed
Poppy - Jun 4, 2010 at 08:55 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Jun 5, 2010 at 05:31 PM
Hello, I can't open any 2007 docs sent to me and I can't open any 2007 docs that I have saved on my computer. The critical issue is that these documents are resumes that I need to send to clients. I tried downloading MS Compatibility Pack. I tried to delete it from my Add/Remove Programs and I get This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package. I got the same message when I tried to install it. Somewhere else I got the error Word cannot start the converter MSWRD632. What to do about all this. Also, right after I tried to install the Compatibiity Pack, all my printing printed backwards, so I did a system restore to an earlier date and it corrected that. Help!

Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jun 5, 2010 at 05:31 PM
See if this helps
https://www.wincert.net/microsoft-office/mswrd632-wpc-word-cannot-start-the-converter-error/

Also you did not mention what error are you getting
Also have installed all the patches ?