Hosting online with other via LAN?

Closed
blackscrumpy - Jun 8, 2010 at 05:25 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 8, 2010 at 06:43 AM
Hello all.

Me and my bro want to play warcraft through garena. We have 2 laptops here at home, and just one 56kb modem with only 1 port, which means it is only sufficient for only one of us to connect Wired and also just enough bandwidth..

Buying a router is out of question, since we do not have the money yet.

So my question is this: is it possible that 1 one of us can connect to the net (wired) and host online at garena then the other one join me thru Lan ? (wireless).

Or can it be done with Internet connection sharing? but i think that would slice our bandwidth..

Thanks all for any help!
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 8, 2010 at 06:43 AM
I will try my best to solve your problem.....

ya its possible by peer-to-peer connection

If both the laptops are having Wi-fi or wireless connection then try this application

http://www.wipeer.com/index.html

According to wipeer site ,i n order to use WiPeer, one needs at least two computers with a network card. If the two computers have a wireless card, it is possible to establish direct communication between the two computers without any router. Alternatively, if the two computers are already connected to the same LAN, either through an Ethernet wire or wirelessly, then they can also use WiPeer.