Nvidia Drivers (or OpenGL) instalation

Closed
Arexeus Posts 7 Registration date Saturday November 22, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2008 - Nov 22, 2008 at 07:10 PM
 ear; - Jul 28, 2010 at 04:46 AM
Hello,
I need to know if updating a video driver can be done without a restart of the system, need to do this because this PC is running Deep Freeze® (i-café PC), and the installer requires a system restart.

Alternatly I need to know about the OpenGL drivers (The newest, please, I tried the OpenGL95, but they are older than the one I have) where can I get them without the full "Nvidia Graphic Driver".
Related:

12 responses

pcbugfixer Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 27, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 22, 2008 8
Nov 22, 2008 at 07:41 PM
G'Day "Arexeus"

Go to https://www.nvidia.com/fr-fr/
- then Driver updates
- then use the Graphic card detection utility (install and allow active X to run etc. (use IR only - does not work with Firefox)

Then download the file for the (your) "GeForce4 MX 440" I think the latest and only one you can use on this card is the 6.14.10.9371 = https://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html
Had same or similar issue on one of my old systems using an GeForce4 MX 440 card.

Then simply run it and follow instructions. Good to disable anti-virus before you install the new or updated drivers REMEMBER TO RE-ACTIVATE VIRUS PROTECTION AFTER INSTALLATION !!

After installing new drivers, use a Google Earth type program and in it's option you can use Start Google Earth in OpenGL mode or Start Google Earth in DirectX mode to test the ability of the card and drivers (also should show up any other driver issues or errors.

Have fun and follow good computing practices and procedure. :)
press SHIFT+CTRL+F6 and the deepfreze will open and the password and click botthawed and restart
Arexeus Posts 7 Registration date Saturday November 22, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2008 4
Nov 22, 2008 at 08:09 PM
"- after this do not reboot and look at the driver it loaded for the card in device manager. "
(Used the second method)
Yes it's .9371 now, but the "NVIDIA OpenGL acceleration is disabled in order to maintain system stability."
During the updating of the driver I did not had any OpenGL-Based application opened exept maybe the Xp interface that uses it.

Can you get me the OpenGL drivers (I guess those do not require a reboot)

Thanks for the post, but it does not solve my problem.
press SHIFT+CTRL+F6 and the deepfreze will open and the password and click botthawed and restart

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
pcbugfixer Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 27, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 22, 2008 8
Nov 22, 2008 at 07:52 PM
2nd method after downloading the driver, expand it using WINRAR or WINZIP into a folder,
- then load Device Manager
- click on the plus [+] in front of Display Adapters
- then right mouse click on the NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 and click on "Update Driver"
- use the "No not this time" option
- for the files direct it to the folder in which you extracted the nVidia files
- and it will do the rest for you

- after this do not reboot and look at the driver it loaded for the card in device manager.
- right click on card NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 then "Properties" then Driver tab at top and it should show the new driver ending in .9371

Have fun and follow good computing practices and procedure. :)
Hey I am having a same problem I want to download pokemon Global Game I download but require OpenGL Support If you can help reply please
dovnload
aluapabrahamugshitpangit
Feb 13, 2009 at 03:04 PM
Thaw Your Deep Freeze... A lot of applicatiion installations rrequire a restart. Thaw Deep Freeze before you install anything on your PC
asdasd
d
driver software