Dell Inspiron 1545 system/admin. password

Solved/Closed
realaz78 Posts 6 Registration date Saturday June 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2010 - Jun 19, 2010 at 05:41 PM
 TONY - May 5, 2016 at 09:39 AM
Hello, my friend bought a Dell Inspiron 1545 at an estate sale.It has the system/administrator password enabled. I'm hoping someone can try to generate a back door/master password for me with service tag:#GY52CH1-595B. I saw a few people getting answers to this on this forum but I'm not optimistic after reading tons of info on the web, lots of people with the same issue and I'm skeptical of sites claiming to sale you a code. Thanks Alot for any help.

3 responses

I found what looks to be a legitimate answer online. Granted you'll spend a bit of time on hold. It's still worth a try. Let me know if it works for you...or if it doesn't and I'll look further.

Dell Inspiron BIOS Password Recovery

Each Dell Inspiron has a master password which will clear the BIOS
password. You can get this number by calling Dell Technical Support at
(800)624-9896.

Dell Technical Support will request the Service Tag and Express
Service Code from the bottom of your Inspiron.

If you were not the original owner of the Inspiron, Dell will transfer
registration of the used Inspiron from the original owner with only
the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the tag on the laptop.
To transfer the registration of a used Dell Inspiron, fill out the
Transfer of Ownership form on Dell's web site.
realaz78 Posts 6 Registration date Saturday June 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2010
Jun 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM
No it does not work. Dell wanted proof of purchase or location. No help there.Thanks for the try though.
It should, I called them and they do need the proof of purchase, which would be your receipt from the estate sale, he faxes that and a copy of his id and its that simple. Dell's bios backdoor passwords based off the Model and Service tag number, so if he doesn't go through Dell, either via the phone or their website, he's going to have to pay between 10-50 dollars to have someone try and generate it.
realaz78 Posts 6 Registration date Saturday June 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2010
Jun 20, 2010 at 01:24 PM
He just informed me that he bought it from a lady on his block that was having her home foreclosed on because her husband walked out on her and he left all of his stuff including this Dell Laptop. She opened her home and sold everything but there is no receipt, and when he went back to get one she was already gone. I don't think Dell would accept a bill of sale from her anyways since it was her husbands. If I ever buy a laptop it will be a Dell these things are secure.