Can't open word document

Solved/Closed
julie - 20 Jun 2010 à 06:53
 julie - 22 Jun 2010 à 03:05
Hello,
i can't open my docx word document.i'm running office 2007 and i'm clickin all my word documents and getting the same response "the file is not available"! this is happenin with all my saved documents. their format is docx.
Help!
thanks


3 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday 23 May 2009 Status Contributor Last seen 20 October 2010 183
20 Jun 2010 à 16:42
is the file in question on a local drive or network / external drive?
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday 28 January 2010 Status Contributor Last seen 5 May 2022 766
20 Jun 2010 à 20:10
The most common work around I have seen is have word open and then launch the file. 2007 files are not one file, but a bunch of files. In fact if you change its extension to zip, you can open it via zip to see all sort of files. 2007 some time does not do a cleanly unloads and you get all sort of issue.
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday 23 May 2009 Status Contributor Last seen 20 October 2010 183
21 Jun 2010 à 09:36
well i never, learn something new every day.......:-)
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday 28 January 2010 Status Contributor Last seen 5 May 2022 766
21 Jun 2010 à 15:07
ha, and I learned that you lean some thing new sharpman :P. I thought in your case it was "been there, done that already" :P
I have solved the problem, I had AVG anti virus on my pc which was causing conflict with widows 2007. After i removed it I was able to open all my files.