Wireless Problems

Closed
Luc - Jun 21, 2010 at 08:06 PM
 Luc - Jun 21, 2010 at 09:03 PM
I recently changed internet providers and had to get a new router so i decided on the dlink 655 for it's wireless n. Works flawlessly but the desktop i have a usb wireless adapter for no longer works (usb is a realtek RTL8192U wireless draft n http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=9&Level=6&Conn=5&ProdID=176 I check both physical connections and electronic ones. both are fine even the ip and sub net are fine. drivers are up to date and even windows vista thinks the connection is fine displaying the globe. other computers can ping it and it can ping others so local is working but no internet. i even tried to see if it was because its draft and made the router just send out older signals (a/b/g) no help. oh yeah before i had this usb device working with the previous router. What is going on? Any ideas?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 21, 2010 at 08:49 PM
I would uninstall the wireless adapter and then reboot and plug it back in. That might kickstart it.

Good Luck
That didn't do it.