Vista and hardware upgrade

Solved/Closed
shyland Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2008 - Nov 25, 2008 at 11:09 AM
shyland Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2008 - Nov 25, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Hello,

hi guys just need bit of info if anyone can help. wot iam doing is upgrading my motherboard and processer , i have my own dvd copy of vista prem installed but im going to do a freash install. just wondering will the key still work for the updates as ive heard when u add new hard ware and reinstall vista the key dosnt work and u get like 30 days and have to ring up microsoft
my key is legit just wondering before i start lol any answers will be helpfull tx guys and gals:P

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 25, 2008 at 11:56 AM
A more complete description of the actual activation policy is found at the bottom of Microsoft's Windows Vista Activation FAQ:

How many times can I activate Windows Vista?

Windows can be activated any number of times, but your re-activation experience will vary based on the way you acquired Windows.

If you acquired Windows Vista via retail purchase (boxed product), you may activate via the Internet the first five times. Subsequent activations are allowed but must be completed via telephone.

If you acquire Windows Vista pre-installed on a computer, re-installation would not require additional activation steps unless significant hardware changes were made.
shyland Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2008
Nov 25, 2008 at 12:18 PM
tx dude:P