Cant format

Solved/Closed
Erlien - Nov 26, 2008 at 08:31 AM
 Erlien - Nov 27, 2008 at 10:20 AM
Hello,
i have put things into my USB and when i unplugged and plugged it back in it wanted to format it,those things werent important so i started format but i cant put in some information so i cant start formatZ

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 26, 2008 at 01:27 PM
but the thing is i cant select file system and allocation size for format becos i dont have them there
jappleng.com > Erlien
Nov 27, 2008 at 12:38 AM
I've had this issue with my external usb hard drive before. What happened is that I used ubuntu and added NTFS support to ubuntu without realizing that it would also convert my external hard drive. Sure enough, my hard drive crashes, and when I boot up my PC again (this time with XP) my external hard drive didn't want to read and wanted to be formatted. What I needed to do so I could backup my data was to get DiskInternals NTFS reader. There's a freeware version and the purchased version allows you to preview files directly onto the file system.

I hope this helps, or perhaps helps somebody else who's just searching for this very answer. :)
ok i found out thats its the standard 120GB flash key fake