What is BIOS setup ? and where can i found it

Closed
dandellion - Jun 25, 2010 at 07:19 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 25, 2010 at 08:36 PM
Hello,
i'm not good in IT.
just wondering what is bios setup ? and where can i found it ?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 25, 2010 at 08:36 PM
The BIOS of a PC software is built into the PC, and is the first code run by a PC when powered on ('boot firmware'). The primary function of the BIOS is to load and start an operating system. When the PC starts up, the first job for the BIOS is to initialize and identify system devices such as the video display card, keyboard and mouse, hard disk, CD/DVD drive and other hardware. The BIOS then locates software held on a peripheral device (designated as a 'boot device'), such as a hard disk or a CD, and loads and executes that software, giving it control of the PC. This process is known as booting, or booting up, which is short for bootstrapping.

If you don't know what it is then you don't know enough to change any BIOS settings. It's best you don't change anything.