Where is my sound on my tv?

Closed
mitch - Jun 27, 2010 at 02:15 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 27, 2010 at 03:59 PM
Hello,

I am hooking up my Toshiba laptop to my samsung plasma tv. I am trying to watch movies and some other things and I cant seem to find how to get the audio to come from the tv! any suggestions?
By the way i have the crappy windows vista 32 bit.

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 27, 2010 at 02:46 PM
First we need to know what type of cable you are using? VGA, HTML or ?
sorry vga
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 27, 2010 at 03:59 PM
A VGA cable does not transmit an audio signal. What you need to do is connect a separate cable between the speaker port on the laptop and a audio input port on the TV.

# Step 1

Make sure that your TV and computer are turned off before connecting any cables to either device.
#Step 2

Plug one end of the VGA cable into the VGA output port of your computer. You'll see two tightening pieces on either side of the connection piece of the VGA cable. Tighten the VGA cable so that it cannot fall out of the computer's output port by rotating the tightening pieces clockwise.
#Step 3

Connect the opposite end of the VGA cable into the video input port of your television. This port is typically found on the back of the TV. Tighten the VGA cable after inserting it into the port.
#Step 4

Connect the 3.5 mm to RCA cable from your computer's headphone jack into the TV's audio input jacks. On your TV, look for red and white input jacks next to the VGA input.
#Step 5

Turn on your TV and computer. Change the video source on your TV to the VGA port. Press the "Input" or "Source" button on your TV's remote to change the input source. Keep pressing this button until you reach the source labeled "VGA," "Computer" or "Laptop."
#Step 6

Change your display settings on your computer to ensure that the picture from your computer displays on your TV. Click "Start," "Control Panel," "Appearance and Personalization," "Personalization" and "Display Settings." From the "New Display Detected" menu, select "Mirrored." This duplicates content from you computer to your TV. Click "OK" to save your settings. Your computer is now connected to your TV.