Cannot login to Facebook

Closed
Phy11is - Jun 30, 2010 at 09:20 PM
 albert - Aug 26, 2010 at 06:45 PM
Hello,

This is what I get when I try to log into my account:
Your account was recently accessed from a location we're not familiar with. For your protection, please review your recent activity to make sure no one is using your Facebook account without permission.... I am then presented with only one option, to recognize pictures from tagged photos of friends ...

This is IMPOSSIBLE. The problem is that the vast majority of people I added as friends were added solely for playing the games. I do not know, recognize, talked to, or even visited the profiles of 99% of the "friends" in my list, much less recognize pictures they posted with their profiles.

How do I resolve this issue. I have spent days searching for forums, discussions, help pages, or a technical support contact. But, unfortunately, I have found ABSOLUTELY NO HELP anywhere. However, I did discover that there is a HUGE number of others having this exact same problem.

In the meantime, please HELP! I don't know what to do next. I have tried resetting my password, logging on with different browser, deleting browser history and cookies, etc., etc. etc. I have gotten nowhere.

Configuration: Windows Vista / Internet Explorer 8.0

Thank you,

PHYLLIS MARSHALL

<

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 1, 2010 at 04:51 AM
Dear Sir,

Please contact the Facebook Support in order confirm whether your account has not been disabled.

Thank you.
I have the exact same problem, word for word but I have windows98 and Internet exployer 6. so that at lease rules out the operating system and the browser. logic rules out hardware. so now we are down to facebook coding.
em is alyasbick@netzero.net. let me know if you get an answer which sounds like will be from somebody other than facebook.com but will be a solution anyway.