How does the v125w flash drive work?

Closed
bribucca06 - Jul 6, 2010 at 04:26 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 6, 2010 at 04:51 PM
Hello,

I bought a v 125 w flash drive months ago & I can't seem to figure it out how to use it never use one before & I've asked a lot of people of how to use it and did everything they told me to do, but I'm still can't be able to figure it out how to use it. If anybody knows how to use it can u please write down the instructions of using it.

Thanks!!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 6, 2010 at 04:51 PM
The answer to this question lies within your OS (Operating System). If you have Windows XP, plug your flash drive directly into any available USB port on your PC (Personal Computer), then double-click "My Computer". There should be an extra drive letter listed to represent your flash drive.
Answer

Your best bet is going to be following the instructions that come with your flash drive.

If you haven't bought one yet and are just curious do a google.com search for "flash drive" and look through the results for a computer or tech site where you can read about them.

Answer

Install the USB Flash Drive:
Plug the USB flash drive into a free USB port on your laptop (it is an approximately 1/2" slot, either on the side or back of the laptop).
Windows XP operating system should recognize it. It may ask you what you want to do with it. Select "Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer" and click OK.
Operating system should assign it a drive letter (see the title of the Windows Explorer window that opens).

Use the USB Flash Drive:
In Windows Explorer, click Folders button on the menu bar to show the installed drives on the left pane of the screen.
To copy a file from c:\ (hard drive) to flash drive:
Find the file you wish to copy on the c:\ drive.
Right-click it and select Copy.
Right-click the location on the new drive where you wish to paste the file, and select Paste.
(File should now appear in desired location.)

Uninstall the USB Flash Drive:
Close Windows Explorer and any applications (MS Word) that may be using the flash drive.
In the lower right corner of the screen is the System Tray. In it is an icon that when moused over reads "Safely Remove Hardware". Click this icon once to display list of devices installed.
Click the device you wish to remove (probably e:\ drive, will probably be described as a mass storage device).
Notification will appear in the lower right corner saying that it is safe to remove the drive.
(If you open Windows Explorer at this point, it should no longer show this drive in the drive list.)

How do you copy flash drive?

In: USB Flash Drives, Laptops

Insert the flash for recognition by the computer. Usually a window will open by itself showing contents of flash. If space permits, open another file and copy what you will by "Drag and drop" or right click "send to" and highlight the flash. Most blink to show files being copied. If it is full, can transfer by "Drag and drop" to the computer of highlight what you want to delete and hit "delete". Sometimes must also erase from recycle file to get rid of items.