Dell Inspiron laptop 1300

Closed
Hopeful - Jul 8, 2010 at 09:05 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jul 9, 2010 at 02:28 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to fix a relative's laptop with wireless internet. There are a few different laptops that are working fine from the same connection. It has internet connection but the internet will not open. I have run the Dell PC Check and it says everthing checks out fine. The internet window still will not come up completely. When you click on the icon the window acts like it is opening and then closes like you never clicked on it. Windows 5.1 SVC pck 2

I am a bit computer challenged repair wise but I can follow directions, if someone has an answer:)!! Thanks for any help provided!
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 9, 2010 at 02:28 PM
Hi,

try this 1

Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Properties --->Click on "Programs"

tab --> Click on "Manage Add-ons" button-- >Disable the add-one from the

list and click on OK --> OK -->OK --> now try to open the internet explorer.

If the problem still exists follow the above procedure and try to open the internet

explorer by disabling the "Add-ons" one by one.

or

Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Properties--->click on "Advanced"

tab ---> click on "Restore advanced settings" button and on "Reset..." button --->

then click on OK.