Help with Hosting Warcraft 3 with a Tecom

Solved/Closed
Wc3Host - Feb 17, 2008 at 04:23 PM
 Xaidin - Jul 13, 2009 at 04:50 PM
Hello, I figured out how to access my Modem. Its a Tecom from 2005 all in one, wireless modem and router. I am in france and am trying to enable it so that I can host Warcraft 3 games, I think I need to take down my firewall, but cannot figure out how to do it. Please help

Thanks
Related:

12 responses

unik1 Posts 8 Registration date Thursday February 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2009 8
Feb 25, 2008 at 06:36 AM
hi,

for disactivating your firewall you should go on control panel; you will find windows firewall. so you will find 3 options

1. On (recommended)

2. Dont allow Exceptions

3. Off n(ot recommended)

you should chose the 3rd option.

Disactivate and enjoy the game!!!

cheers
omg mate that was rather simply...... sorry im a bit annoyed cause im on wireless and i cant host any games!, dont know why, bloody Blizzard
IS IT VIRUS FREE?!!!!!!!!!!????!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Can i noe how to check the ping and which country they are from in warcraft 3 games ? can someone tell me?
you have to download wc3 banlist
google and dl
WC3 Banlist
i want to download something so i can host games on wc3 but i dont know how can neone help me??? plz!!
I want to know that too plz help me!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
alright i'm not using any routers or anything i'm on ethernet with a qwest modem i've disabled the firewall and put a static ip adress on but it doesn't seem anyone is joining, help would be greatly appreciated
I'm trying to host wc3 games going straight throught a modem, i'm using wifi, dsl, i've set up a static ip adress and i've tried turning the firewall off, even with these things Noone has been able to join my games, any suggestions?
A) Like someone said earlier stopping firewall is only the beginning, if you are going straight through a modem with an Ethernet connection and you have the ports in the option menu open and the firewall off then 'you should be set. If still something if wrong then make sure any mac crap is off and nothing could be filtering you Internet connection like and virus protection. You CAN NOT get viruses from Warcraft 3.

B) If you are going through a router before the modem than it is possible that there is nothing you can do because often routers have built in permanent firewall that is close to impossible to turn off. Try it though, look up your router online to fine how to access it's port options, it could be very simple of very hard. Mine has to be plugged into with a USB to access the ports settings but some can be accessed by wireless means. Try stuff.
Aug 22, 2008 at 03:40 AM
hey there.

if you wish to host with warcraft 3 or any blizzard games don't turn off ur firewall just forward the ports so u can host.

to d this go into control panel and click on windows firewall.

when u have done this there should be a tab on top of the screen that just opened saying exceptions, click on it.

now click on the add port button and type in the name slot type in: battle.net1
then in the port number box type in 6112 and click on the tcp button. then press ok

then do it again with the same port except this time select udp and in the name section name it battle.net2

then 1 more time do it again but this time the port is 4000. select tcp and name it battle.net3.

now when you have done that go into add program and just add warcraft III Reign of Chaos.

and if you have warcraft III frozen Throne add that as well.

now you can save and close it

and if you have a wireless router just go on google.com and type in how to host on warcraft III with a (router name and version) and have a look around.
how can i host game in wc3 frozen throne?
plz help me .......................................
You need to open ports 6112 through 6119 on both TCP and UDP ports within your router or modem.

(Usually you can access your router or modem through http://192.168.1.1, but it may vary depending on your personal settings.)

Don't know what your IP address is to fill into the slot?

Simple!

Open Command Prompt, type "ipconfig/all" without quotes. Scroll down to your internet connection adapter and use the IP Address it gives you there.

Hope this helps,

-BHead
4kk[P]R[O]F[F]
Jan 7, 2009 at 06:56 AM
dude, all u need to do, is to conect to your modem, add warcraft III to the list, and enjoy hosting, this way helps 100% all players, so good luck.
its not that easy if yur wireless port forward!!
I have forwarded ports 6112 - 6119 on my static IP address and still can't seem to get myself to host.

I used to be able to host , before I reinstalled windows XP, so I'm thinking it can't be the router because i already set that up before.

Any thoughts on what it could be?