Can't find a Bluetooth Peripheral Driver [Solved/Closed]

-
 jenga -
So I got a new Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 64-bit. Right out of the box, I could connect my phone and ipod touch 3g to my laptop with bluetooth flawlessly. I could listen to my ipod through my computer speakers with bluetooth, and send/recieve files with my Motorola Droid. But I woke up this morning after Windows automatically installed updates for Windows 7, and now I cant do either of the previously mentioned. my phone fails to send files every time to my computer, and my computer says it cant connect to my ipod because of a missing peripheral driver. But when I try to find and download the driver, it can't be found anywhere. Help?

7 replies

After hours or tinking around I had a brilliant idea. I went to Start, searched for "bttray", and clicked open file location. Then I right clicked on "bttray" and made it compatible for Vista. I also clicked BTStack Server, and changed it to compatible with Vista too. Then I double clicked both of them, and I guess it is working now.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Worked Great. I have Windows 7 64-bit and making those two files compatible with Vista

u knw what? I searched the whole web!!! but none worked!!! this is the best answer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD thanks a real lot dude!
@Cam
great.. it worked.. thanks dude
Have a Motorola Droid 4 and seeing the same problem that everyone else was. Just upgraded to Windows 7. Could connect, but could not transfer files via Bluetooth. Tried the above and it worked!!

Thanks!!
Thank you so much..:) gr8 job
worked perfectly, thanks.