kiran - Dec 8, 2008 at 12:02 AM
 Jade - Aug 22, 2012 at 07:54 AM
Hello,
how to use my digital camera as webam

regards
kiran
Related:

2 responses

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Most digital camera's aren't set up to act as webcams, but if you're technically inclined you can make them makeshift function as a low quality webcam.

In order to do that though you would need to write camera specific software on your own as none is readily available.

Another option is just to spend 10 bucks on a cheap usb webcam.

But for the most part it is impossible to use a digital camera as a webcam because of the way their temporary memory is setup and the fact that they can't send/take stream pictures/video.

Good luck though and I hope you can make it work!
Blocked Profile
Dec 9, 2008 at 05:37 AM
As far as i knows you can make a web cam out of a digital camera there should some kind of option somewhere!
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 9, 2008 at 11:35 AM
Some. SOME.

If your camera is natively able to then check your settings/manual. If you still can't figure it out post the camera model here.

If there isn't a setting to do it and you try to force it software wise you will break it, as it was not built specifically to take that kind of use.
Most cameras don't have the processes/temporary memory needed to push out images quickly.

I can submit to you several articles that people tell about how if they get a camera to use as a webcam (even when it's made to) it wastes it.

Not only that, but there is no universal program for cameras without the capacity to do it on their own. You would have to write it on your own based on your drivers.
joe > TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011
Jun 4, 2009 at 07:57 AM
hii ma name is joemon i have a cannon A470 model digital camera and i dont have a web cam in my system can you please help me to use my digital camera as web cam
Fello Traveller > joe
Jul 12, 2009 at 05:21 AM
Hi Joe,

Try extrawebcam @extrawebcam.com. the software works but it has a nag screen so you have to buy the software or u will have wordings cover the top half. but the software works. i just tried it on my A400. Cheers.

FT.

to buy is $9.95.. GL
Hi! Good day, jade here. I have canon a2400 IS i want to use it as a webcam. Pls. help... Thanks..