It seems like you're encountering an installation issue with Adobe Lightroom 3, and you've already tried a few troubleshooting steps. Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the "Error 1326" issue:
1. Run Installer as Administrator:
Right-click on the Lightroom 3 installer executable and choose "Run as Administrator." This can sometimes resolve permission-related issues during installation.
2. Check Permissions:
Ensure that you have full control permissions for the installation directory and all its subdirectories. To do this:
- Right-click on the "C:\ProgramData\Adobe" folder.
- Select "Properties."
- Go to the "Security" tab.
- Click on your user account in the list and make sure it has "Full control" permissions.
- If not, click "Edit" and grant your user account full control.
3. Disable Antivirus and Firewall:
Temporarily disable your Avira antivirus and any firewall software you have while installing Lightroom. Sometimes, security software can interfere with installations.
4. Clean Installation:
Uninstall Lightroom 3, and then try a clean installation:
- Uninstall Lightroom 3.
- Delete any remaining Adobe Lightroom folders in "C:\ProgramData\Adobe."
- Reboot your computer.
- Disable your antivirus temporarily.
- Re-download the Lightroom 3 installer from Adobe's official website.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
5. Check System Requirements:
Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Lightroom 3, including any required Windows updates.
6. Check for System Corruption:
Sometimes, system files can become corrupted, leading to installation issues. You can run the "System File Checker" utility to scan for and repair corrupted system files:
- Press "Win + X" and choose "Windows Terminal (Admin)" or "Command Prompt (Admin)".
- Type `sfc /scannow` and press Enter. Let the scan complete, and it will attempt to repair any corrupted files.
7. Install Latest Windows Updates:
Ensure that your Windows operating system is up-to-date by installing any pending updates. Outdated system files can sometimes lead to installation errors.
Remember to re-enable your antivirus and firewall after the installation is complete for your system's security.