Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 error

Closed
Killwa - Aug 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM
abdulrehman105 Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 4, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2023 - Sep 4, 2023 at 02:18 AM
Hello,

i've been trying to install the new lightroom 3 from adobe
every time it stops in the middle of installing and give me an error
says " Error 1326.Error getting file security:
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\GetLastError: 5"

the last number changes last time it was 3 but right now it is 5 any way

when i press OKi get this msg:

"The wizard was interrupted before Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified . To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."

i tried to take own of the whole programdata folder but didnt work
i tried closing all running softwares and that didnt work either
i even tried to update my cameraRaw plugin i didnt really know if that would help but it didnt even complite installing i didnt care much since i dont really need it now

i just need the lightroom 3 to work

my OS is 32bit i install the 32bit version

as for hardware : 2GB DDR2 - 1TB HDD - Intel C2D 2.7 (E7400)

as for softwares : i close them all and it still doesnt work so i dont think we have issues here but : Firefox ,windowslive MSN , VMware ( i disabled the internet connections for it)
IDM, Avira antivirus

i had Lightroom 2.5 installed

i have PS CS4 installed , AE CS4 installed , Adobe premier CS4 installed , Flash player , Adobe Acrobat installed

i hope any one can help me please :) thank you

Related:

2 responses

abdulrehman105 Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 4, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2023 1
Sep 4, 2023 at 02:18 AM

It seems like you're encountering an installation issue with Adobe Lightroom 3, and you've already tried a few troubleshooting steps. Here are some additional steps you can try to resolve the "Error 1326" issue:

1. Run Installer as Administrator:
   Right-click on the Lightroom 3 installer executable and choose "Run as Administrator." This can sometimes resolve permission-related issues during installation.

2. Check Permissions:
   Ensure that you have full control permissions for the installation directory and all its subdirectories. To do this:
   - Right-click on the "C:\ProgramData\Adobe" folder.
   - Select "Properties."
   - Go to the "Security" tab.
   - Click on your user account in the list and make sure it has "Full control" permissions.
   - If not, click "Edit" and grant your user account full control.

3. Disable Antivirus and Firewall:
   Temporarily disable your Avira antivirus and any firewall software you have while installing Lightroom. Sometimes, security software can interfere with installations.

4. Clean Installation:
   Uninstall Lightroom 3, and then try a clean installation:
   - Uninstall Lightroom 3.
   - Delete any remaining Adobe Lightroom folders in "C:\ProgramData\Adobe."
   - Reboot your computer.
   - Disable your antivirus temporarily.
   - Re-download the Lightroom 3 installer from Adobe's official website.
   - Run the installer as an administrator.

5. Check System Requirements:
   Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Lightroom 3, including any required Windows updates.

6. Check for System Corruption:
   Sometimes, system files can become corrupted, leading to installation issues. You can run the "System File Checker" utility to scan for and repair corrupted system files:
   - Press "Win + X" and choose "Windows Terminal (Admin)" or "Command Prompt (Admin)".
   - Type `sfc /scannow` and press Enter. Let the scan complete, and it will attempt to repair any corrupted files.

7. Install Latest Windows Updates:
   Ensure that your Windows operating system is up-to-date by installing any pending updates. Outdated system files can sometimes lead to installation errors.

Remember to re-enable your antivirus and firewall after the installation is complete for your system's security.

come on guys any help please i need to run the software badly xD