Webcam not recognizing hardware

Closed
astucease Posts 11 Registration date Saturday September 13, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 - Dec 16, 2008 at 03:01 AM
 ukr - Jun 9, 2010 at 09:27 AM
Hello,
I have notebook Packard bell, webcam not integrated, I just bought a webcam 'PHILIPS SPC 900NC' but it is not recognized on my notebook. I have also tried another webcam, but the latter works.
Related:

5 responses

livetalk10 Posts 17 Registration date Friday August 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2009 7
Dec 16, 2008 at 04:15 AM
Hi ,

I got the same problem when i change webcam..

Perhaps your operation system does not have the appropriate drivers to perform installation of device.

try downloading it from below link
http://english.ircfast.com/lv/group/view/kl40487/Driver_Philips_SPC900NC_00_Webcam.htm

make the installation of the driver and plug the webcam it should be your solution
eauvital Posts 11 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2009 1
Dec 16, 2008 at 04:43 AM
Firstly I ask you to install the installation driver and then check out your usb ports and verify it on another computer. If it doesn't work, try to download the driver from the company's website. It is recommended to use windows XP for Philips webcam as windows XP is structured for web and IM. Thanks in advance
Simple solution ....... at least it worked flawlessly for me.

It seems that I spent more than a couple of days trying to resolve this one, including updating "repairing" WindowsXP and a long phone call to Logitech Tech support, all to no avail.

The simple solution is to uninstall any and all previously installed Logitech drivers (even going into your registry and deleting all relating registry entries pertaining to your Logitech Webcam. Then with your Webcam plugged into your USB port as an unrecognized USB device, do a Windows update. Viola, your problem should be solved.

My was with the installation of driver v11.80.1048.0 for my Logitech WebCam Communicate STX.

I'm now clean of any extraneous Webcam software, and my Webcam works "flawlessly".

My advice is to stick with WindowsXP drivers, and not anything that would be downloaded separately.

cheers,
its saying its detected

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
web cam not recognized by my system. what to do