HP Pavillion not working

Closed
fairyonbar - Aug 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM
 AntonT - Aug 30, 2010 at 01:59 PM
Hello,

My laptop is a HP Pavillion which I bought in early 2007. The battery always had a fairly short life but gradually stopped working altogether this year. I took it out and had been using my charger permanently since. The charger became a little dodgy in recent months and would sometimes lose power suddenly if I moved the laptop - causing me to think that the conection was a little loose. Last week it suddenly failed permanently. I bought a new charger and that worked no problem. I had it less than 24hrs when all of a sudden the power in the computer failed once again and the charger is no longer working (the little light on it no longer comes on) so I believe that perhaps the computer is causing the chargers to break perhaps?
Related:

3 responses

Probably bad circuits in motherboard or short circuit somewherer
Have you tried set the voltage right on computer when it was working if not head to bios and choose set default settings i F10 then (I'm assuming that the overclocking is here the case !)
Also probably CPU malfunction , overheating and then shutting down system to prevent damage ...