My browsers will just flash and not open up

Closed
Ulrich - Sep 16, 2010 at 05:08 AM
 Cassandra_IE_Team - Sep 16, 2010 at 08:45 PM
Hello,

None of my browsers are opening. They will just flash and not open up. What could be the problem with these browsers? Please could you help me get opening the browser, its been already a week that I have not been able to get into my Facebook account.

Thks in advance.

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 16, 2010 at 08:00 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Reset your "Internet Explorer and Firefox" browsers.

Internet Explorer:

Right-click on "Internet Explorer" icon ---> Properties ---> Click on "Advanced" tab

---> Click on "Reset" button.

Firefox :

Click on Start --> In search box, type firefox -safe-mode and press "Enter".

"Firefox SafeMode" window will be opened. Select the options "Disable all

add-ons, Reset the toolbar and controls, Restore default search engines and

Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults" ---> Click on "Make Changes and

Restart".

If the problem still exists, click on the below link and download the file.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it --> Perform "Full Scan".

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.
Cassandra_IE_Team
Sep 16, 2010 at 08:45 PM
Hi Ulrich,

I agree with Jack4all about resetting Internet Explorer settings. It's worth a try. However, since all browsers are unable to open I wonder if you have a virus? Have you tried running your anti-virus software? If you don't have one you can always download Microsoft Security Essential for free (it's always free) and it can help you detect viruses.

Also, have you tried running Windows Updates to see if there is a vital update or two that you are missing? If not, do so and then restart your computer.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Cassandra
IE Outreach Team