HDMI not working

Closed
tumor - Sep 17, 2010 at 11:01 PM
Megoxviii Posts 3 Registration date Monday September 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2010 - Sep 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Hello,
when i first got my computer (with vista) i could hook my hdmi cable to the computer and to the tv and it showed up on the tv just fine. One day it stopped working and i also can't find anything on my computer to make it work. My sister has the same computer and her's works fine. Now when i plug the cable in my computer the computer screen flickers a few times (along with windows making its noise when it recognized new hardware) and that's it.

How do i get my connection between my computer and tv to work again?

Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 18, 2010 at 01:42 AM
this is where having ATI graphics on your laptop makes it all worth the while. Senses your HDMI display and fills the screen beautifully on the first try... no tweaking needed. What is your graphics chipset on the laptop?
Megoxviii Posts 3 Registration date Monday September 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM
right click on your screen and choose properties, you may have to go back a menu (sorry I'm using 7) find somewhere connect to an external display. Choose to duplicate with your computer as the main. Also you may have to go into the sound options and right click HDMI audio and set as default. Let me know if this works!

:) Megan
Megoxviii Posts 3 Registration date Monday September 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2010
Sep 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM
actually it may also be "connect to a projector"
good luck
Blocked Profile
Sep 18, 2010 at 03:35 AM
Dear Sir,

There might also be some problems upon your system and in order to get it fixed, it will be advisable to get your system repaired.

Thanks in advance.