Computer won't boot after upgrade

Closed
stuartart - Sep 23, 2010 at 03:23 AM
 stuartart - Sep 23, 2010 at 08:06 AM
Hello,

I have just installed a new PSU and CPU fan, this involved removing the MOBO to fit the fan mounting. Upon restarting the machine the power light on the MOBO comes on and the fans all start up but after about 5-10 seconds they all stop and restart, once theyve restarted they stay on but no beeps and no signal to my monitor (have tried both monitors).

I have tried anything I could think of, swapping the new parts out for the old, removing/swapping the memory, trying my other grpahics card, still the same problem.

This is my first time installing something more complicated than a HDD, RAM or GFX card so I was extremely careful to follow all instructions and safety guideline when doing this kind of thing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 23, 2010 at 07:36 AM
Hi there,

Have you checked the graphic card by removing it and testing on another computer or from another computer test on your cpu?try this and give your feedback.

Thanks
I will try this, but as I said I have 2 graphics cards and the same happens using either or none (the computer rebooting itself, not the monitor not responding).