Lost NTLDR on my hard drive

Closed
fogghorn1 - Dec 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM
keeprise Posts 11 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2009 - Dec 21, 2008 at 04:52 AM
Hello,

I lost my NTLDR on my c: drive .... I then put another hard drive in as a master and the second one as the slave ... some software programs come up but I lost the most important ones. They were not on my desktop but in the start program. Before the crash all I had to do was go to the start button and click on the software. Now that it is a slave I can not find those software programs. Can anyone help me out PLEASE .. I really need those software programs. I have no idea where my cds are for these programs since it has been about 5 or 6 years since I did some thing this stupid ..... I was using Internet explorer 6 now after reformatting Internet 7 is now installed ....
thanks for any help I may get ....
Related:

1 response

keeprise Posts 11 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2009 1
Dec 21, 2008 at 04:52 AM
hi
this problem might have been caused by several factors:

1.Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS
Verify that your computer hard disk drive is properly setup in the BIOS / CMOS setup. Improper settings can cause this error.

2.New hard disk drive has been added

If you are trying to add a new hard disk drive to the computer make sure that drive is a blank drive. Adding a new hard disk drive to a computer that already has Windows installed on it may cause the NTLDR error to occur.

If you are unsure if the new drive is blank or not try booting from a bootable diskette and format the new hard drive