-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 13, 2020
-
Hello,

This afternoon, the power went out right as my PC was shutting down. It never completed its shut down, and i heard a strange pop of electric-type current pass through, as the power was abruply cut (purposefully, through the electric breaker of the house).

Now, my PC gives me a Black Screen of Death, leaves me choice to boot safe mode, run as regular windows, ect, ...but no matter what I choose, the system re-boots after approx. 15 seconds. It'll never get any further than the XP logo with the blue progress bar. RE-BOOT!! And JUST before that re-boot, I see a blue screen of death SO fast, I cannot read it.

Please help. Have i busted the power supply somehow?
Thanks,
Regards,

BlackCat

2 replies

Update: I've attempted to press F8 when system starts, and i get a pop up asking 'Please select boot device:
HL-DT-STDVD-RAM-GSA-H54N or WDC WD1600AAJS-08PSAO
I the second one WDC..... and it just re-boots again.

If I have a "ghost" installed with this PC, should i be booting from my DVD drive with the ghost DVD (in the drive) instead of my hard drive?
Will i be able to do a 'system restore' if i insert my WIN XP dvd (with Ghost)?
Thanks....any tips will help
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 13, 2020
Hello,

You might be able to, which I hope for you.

When the power in the house came back up, there was no doubt a power surge which your power bar could not handle. which may have physically damaged your hardware. In that case, only a in the flesh technician can repair.

I would also check to see if your power bar offered a garantee against power surges because the company may pay for the repair.

Good luck