EXCEL NEED HELP WITH GREATER THAN LESS THAN

Closed
prycek - Oct 14, 2010 at 10:06 AM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Oct 15, 2010 at 06:18 AM
Hi!

Can somebody help with something like that?

I have a list of members of my airsoft team. Every member collects points and gains military ranks. Those ranks depdend on number of points a member has.

So let's say PRIVATE for 2 points collected, PRIVATE FIRST CLASS for 4 points collected, etc.

I want a formula that would do such a thing:
If I enter in A1 a number of points, let's say 4, I would like B1 to automatically display a rank, in this case PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
If I enter in A1 number 2 or 3, I would like B1 to automatically display PRIVATE rank

So basically if A1 is greater or equal 2 and smaller than 4, B1 would give me PRIVATE rank
but if A1 is greater or equal 4 and smaller than 8, B1 would give me PRIVATE FIRST CLASS rank, etc.
Related:

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Oct 15, 2010 at 06:18 AM
You have not indicated what is meant "etc". anyhow donwload the sample workbook from this webpage

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24703195/prychek.xls

You can see the rank names and the points for each rank IN SHEET "ponts"

In sheet "rank" from A2 down type any number and see what happens

you can change the names of the ranks and their respective points in sheet "points" as you like

1. run macro sheet2.undo and
and then go to sheet 2 and type any number in any cell A2 down.

If you want to delete the entries and results in sheet "rank" you use the macro
"sheet2.undo"

both the event code and the macros are in sheet2 code
if you want to see these codes
1.go to vb editor (alt+F11)
2. hit control +R to get project window
3.in the project window go to this file (all open files names are there)
4.under your filename highlight "sheet2(rank)" and RIGHT CLICK THIS
and click "view code".
5. you will see both the event code and macros.

in the file I have sent in sheet "rank" already I have experimented with some numbers. you can continue and check.

If you change the entries in sheet "points" then run the macro "sheaet2.code" first and then start typing numbers from A2 down in sheet "rank"

your comments will be welcome.