External DVD Drive is not getting detected

Closed
allan - Oct 27, 2010 at 07:49 AM
Evaadams Posts 4 Registration date Friday November 3, 2023 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2023 - Dec 19, 2023 at 12:05 PM
Hello,

i have my acer esw860 external dvd drive that won't be detected by my pc with motherboard asus p4pe-x te when I try to boot on it to reinstall my windows xp after being corrupted and fail to boot on hdd. any help pls.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 27, 2010 at 04:00 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Connect your external drive to the USB port --> Switch ON your PC.

2) Go to your BIOS, in "Advanced" make sure that "USB Legacy Support" is set to

"Auto".

3) In "PCI Configuration" --> Make sure that "USB 2.0 Controllers" are "Enabled".

Then go to "Boot Menu" --> Set first boot device as your External DVD Drive.

Press F10 to save the settings and exit from BIOS.

Note : You can find the instructions regarding how to change the options in BIOS

at the right side\at the bottom.

Good Luck.
thank you guy but the problem is still unsolved. I follow your instruction but still it didn't work.
Evaadams Posts 4 Registration date Friday November 3, 2023 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2023
Dec 19, 2023 at 12:05 PM

Ensure the Acer ESW860 external DVD drive connections are secure. Check BIOS settings for USB support during boot. Try installing specific Acer-provided drivers if available. Test the drive on another computer. Consider creating a bootable USB drive for Windows XP installation if the issue persists. Verify motherboard compatibility for booting from external USB devices.

thank you sir for the idea. I tried it repeatedly but still didn't work. im glad to have more ideas on this matter. ty.
Vince.$tone12 Posts 77 Registration date Saturday October 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2010 5
Oct 28, 2010 at 04:12 PM
Please relate what happens precisely while you try to carry out the task.
Antoni > Vince.$tone12 Posts 77 Registration date Saturday October 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2010
Nov 23, 2023 at 05:48 PM

External DVD Burner Acer ESW860 does not connect to computer .I have the same problem, when I connect the wine, it doesn’t sense or react that 2 USBs are connected to it. The DVD is working and works to connect to the TV, the light comes on and the disc is checked, opens the tray, but the computer seems to BE DELIBERATELY IGNORING this old device, it knows that it is connected to it, so it doesn’t check AT ALL!!!! HOW TO FIX????