After rebooting laptop, it doesn't work

Closed
mjb126 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 1, 2010 - Oct 31, 2010 at 04:30 AM
mjb126 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 1, 2010 - Nov 1, 2010 at 02:03 AM
After recently rebooting my laptop, I turned it on only to be presented with a blank screen, after a few lines about the laptop checking for a boot disc.

When rebooting the laptop, it works fine, until the stage where it says something along the lines of "restoration complete, remove boot disc and press any key to restart". I remove the boot disc as it says, but upon pressing any key (other than ctrl alt and delete, although the 3 keys don't do anything) my laptop merely beeps at me.

In a somewhat 'primitive' response to this, I turned my laptop off with the power button. Upon doing this, it comes up with a loading screen entitled 'windows burnin', restarts a few times after various processes, and then tries to load, only to give me a blank screen.

I have tried rebooting the laptop again, but to no avail.

If you have any ideas, please take the time to help me out :)

Kind regards,

M
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 31, 2010 at 02:13 PM
Hi,

Please confirm that the problem is not sourcing from the battery and indicate for further help.
mjb126 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 1, 2010
Nov 1, 2010 at 02:03 AM
From what I know, the battery is not a problem, as the laptop turns on with and without it attached. The laptop just seems to be freezing when trying to boot, as all of the lights freeze, and you cannot turn things like caps lock on and off.