Installing itunes 8

Solved/Closed
-
 leadoffdouble -
Hello,
IMaybe this will help someone. I couldn't get i tuners 8 to install, it said I need quicktime which I had. I searched forever for these tips. What I eventually had to do was uninstall quicktime and reinstall it...but i kept getting error 2738 when trying to use the vista software uninstaller because the vbscript engine was not registered, so I had to first do that in the command prompt (this tells how)
https://knowledge.autodesk.com

Then I was able to uninstall quicktime, then download and install a package that had itunes 8 and quicktime together.

Worked great...finally!
Best,
Keli

P.s. The registry directions (above) said right click on the command prompt and choose "run as administrator" I spent a frustrating few minutes clicking on the actual blinking command prompt and not getting the right option. No, you actually rt click on the phrase "command prompt" under the accessories. Oops.

6 replies

I can't open the itunes store after I downloaded the version 8 for vista. I just get the The network connection timed out error, doesn't have no error code. Help how can I fix this.
hi thank u soooo much i was sitting here for ages trying to fix this problem ur a legend thanks again
I googled this error and it led me here, and with your help I have successfully installed iTunes/Quicktime 8.
Thank you very much for the info.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
I have been working on this itune issue for like 5 hours!!!!!!!! I am so freakin exhausted.
THIS REALLY WORKED!!!!!!
THANK GOD!

YOU ARE AWWWWWSOME!!!! I WAS SEARCHING FOREVER ON GOOGLE AND IT LED ME TO YOUR POST (FINALY) AND THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
thanks! ive been tryin to get this working for 4 months.you have been a blessing .God bless you lol peace
Oh great! So glad it was helpful!

Not sure how I corrupted iTunes on the 64bit HP Touchsmart but I did. After several attempts to uninstall/reload/etc, I wiped the machine and started over. No luck. This was after reading 3 good blogs on how to fix this (shorcut installed in other Program Files, etc).

I stumbled across a blog that talked about a Quicktime stand alone installer. The link led me to the apple site and I went for it. It loaded this time (cross fingers), I ran the 64bit install of iTunes/Quicktime with no problems!