W-LAN not detecting one particular router

Closed
swadesh - Nov 26, 2010 at 01:20 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 26, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Hello,

Till yesterday i had good communication(wireless) with internet through D-Link router.
but since yesterday after power interruption it is not detecting my router.It is detecting some other networks nearby.I tried but not getting solution.Please provide appropriate solution for this problem.Thanks in advance...

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 26, 2010 at 12:01 PM
I would first cycle the power on the router. This is, turn it off - wait 60 seconds and turn it back on. When both modem and router had power restored it's possible the modem had not completed it's setup before the router. Hence, the route did not detect an active internet connection.

If that doesn't fix the problem, I would use the reset button on the back of the router. This resets the router to factory default. Then you will need to log on to the router (using a wired connection) and set ID and wifi security.

Good Luck