Showing same icon on desktop

Closed
kunal jain - Dec 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 - Dec 8, 2010 at 05:10 AM
Hello,

all my desktop icons are showing the same icon (internet explorer) and it is trying to open internet explorer only
suppose if we click on edit plus icon , it is trying to open edit plus in internet explorer (actually the icon is looking as e with a white back ground) is this a virus
friends please help me my os is windows 7

Related:

1 response

Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 21
Dec 8, 2010 at 05:10 AM
hello kunal, can you able to get into Safemode with networking and maybe downloading malwarebytes form here, but please do an full update and let it run for an hour to a few hours and pretty please don't click on the mouse or the keyboard while running.....

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

if this helps please let me know or if not let me know and we will take it further again.

P.S. sorry for the late reply as we are been busy helping others with there computers viruses too.

Regards, Gervarod, Member, Contributor