Speakers work, headphones don't

Closed
mihaela_pricop Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2010 - Dec 9, 2010 at 05:59 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 9, 2010 at 04:23 PM
Hello everybody!
Pleeeease help!!
I'm using windows 7, my speakers work just fine, but when i plug in the headphones no sound whatsoever will come out. When i plug them out, there is sound - from the speakers. I've tried all the advices with control panel, default, etc. It pretends that they work all right, but still i can't hear any sound out of them.

Please help!

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 9, 2010 at 06:40 AM
Greetings,

The issue, you will agree, seem to come the headphone.

Try connecting the headphone to a normal sound system to see if they work. If they do not, it is obviously a disconnected wire inside the headphone. That problems occurs frequently when people store the headphones and rolling the wires, or accidental yanking which pulls the wires.

If you headphone work in a normal sound system (Stereo, Ipod, CD Reader, etc) then it may be the jack or plug.

What is your computer's make and model?
mihaela_pricop Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2010
Dec 9, 2010 at 11:12 AM
I just bought the headphones, i tested them at the store, so definitely they are not the problem.
My computer is an Acer Extensa 5620-4801. If you have other suggestions, i'll very much appreciate. I need them as soon as possible for professional matters, so... I can't do what i'm supposed to do if i don't solve this out.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 9, 2010 at 04:23 PM
Hello,

Please, you see that speaker on the bottom right hand side of your screen?

Click right on it and open properties. You have win7, so I am not sure of the settings. Check the speaker tab and change the settings accordingly. Check the other tabs for proper settings.

You also be able to check the driver you have. I hope that it is up to date.

You say that when you plug the earphone no sound come out, therefore, at least it's not a jack problem.