I have 160Gb IDE hd i converted it to Storage

Closed
ariene Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2011 - Jan 10, 2011 at 02:32 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jan 10, 2011 at 08:12 AM
Hello,

I have a 160GB SATA Hard Drive but it was broken to use as Hard Disk on my PC, so the technician told me that I can use it as a storage..recently I bought an IDE enclosure so I can use it a a external storage..I'm happy It worked and statrting to transfer files from my PC to it..but suddenly it freezes and my computer freezes too..So what I did I restarted it..after doing that..although it show on the device manager the name of my HD..It's not present on my computer and I was not able to access it..

please the files I recently transfered there is our COMPANY DOCUMENTS.. I really need to retrieve them..please help me...
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 10, 2011 at 08:12 AM
Hello,

May be OS failed to assign a drive letter to your External Drive. Try assigning the

drive letter to it.

Try this 1.

Click on Start --> Run ( In windows vista \7, its search box ) --> Type

diskmgmt.msc and click on OK.

If you notice the external drive in the disk management then check if you

access the data by right-clicking on it --> Explore. Backup your data.

Now if drive letter is missing then right-click on your External Drive --> Select

"Change Drive Letter and Paths..." ---> Click on "Add" button ---> Select your

drive letter and click on OK.

Good Luck.