HP pavillion dv6700 No Display on Monitor

Closed
William - 2 Mar 2011 à 04:04
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday 6 June 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 16 July 2020 - 2 Mar 2011 à 08:02
Hello Everyone.
I have a HP pavillion dv6700 (Laptop) running Windows 7, we bought a 24"LCD and after connecting the VGA cable from the new monitor to the VGA Laptop port, it will not display anything to the big LCD Monitor I tried changing resolution, I searched in the laptop's bios for an external VGA option, but it doesn't have one, I've spent well over 4 hours....can someone help PLEASE? :(
I already tried the FN + F4 theory too, to no avail.
I'm trying to help a lady that has difficulties seen as she is short sighted, and that's why she bought the big LCD screen.... please help out...
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday 6 June 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 16 July 2020
2 Mar 2011 à 05:05
Hello,

Try this 1

Check your LCD settings. Look for the option "Input" in the menu settings and

set it to PC. If the problem still exists then click on the below link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01950657&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

You can find all the information.

Good Luck
Jack:
Didn't work, but thanks for taking time to write and tried to be helpful.
Much appreciated.
William
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday 6 June 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 16 July 2020
2 Mar 2011 à 08:02
Hello,
Let me know the LCD brand name and model number.
Good Luck