Drive not visible to windows7

Closed
sahin - Mar 6, 2011 at 10:47 PM
kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 - Mar 7, 2011 at 01:02 AM
hi everybody actually in my laptop one drive is invisible after formatting this problem comes . in storage it shows also i assign one lette to the drive but its not working can any one pl help me ..
i have one more problem i buy one hard disk(IDE) and i want to use it as a external hard disk via convector but it is not detected in my PC . so pl help me ...(windows 7)
Related:

1 response

kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
Mar 7, 2011 at 01:02 AM
Some external storage devices work poorly or not at all when connected to a hub; try connecting the drive directly to a port on the computer.

Also check if it's detected in "Disk Management".
Here you can verify if the partition and format are correct for the Operating System.
Check the Drive's status in Device manager.

This will verify if the external drive has a drive letter designation.

Check Partition and Format.

1. Log in as Administrator account in windows or any other account with administrative privileges

2. Insert your removable disk into the USB port.

3. Click Start, right click on computer and select manage.

4. Now, click Disk Management.

5. Check whether drive letter for the device is present.

6. Check the lower window to find whether the device is detected (such as Disk 1, Disk 2, etc).

7. If the device is detected with a drive letter, verify that no other device is using that drive letter. If it is, change it to unused drive letter.

Change, add, or remove a drive letter

8. Find whether the drive's partition is corrupted.

Do you see whether the box to the right of Disk 1, Disk 2, etc is seen as healthy or the colored strip is black or the drive is unallocated, or the strip is green or blue?

Green or blue strip indicates that a partition is present but there may be no assigned drive letter.

If such is the case, please back up all you data in the external drive in another computer where it's detected.

Once it's done plug the drive back in Windows 7 computer and follow these procedure.

9. Delete the Corrupted partition.
Create and format a hard disk partition

Check drive letter:

Go to Device Manager for that.

To go to device manager:

1. Go to start and type device manager.

2. Select device manager from the control panel list.

3. The device will usually appear under "Other Devices" or "Unknown Devices"; right-click on it and choose Uninstall.

4. Once it has disappeared from the Device Manager, disconnect the external hard drive.

5. Navigate to the location:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore

6. Delete the INFCACHE.1. file.

Restart and reconnect the drive.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fo