Outlook not sending emails but receiving

Closed
Lianne - Mar 8, 2011 at 10:51 AM
 lianne - Mar 9, 2011 at 08:01 AM
Hello,

OK so. This morning we had major internet problems, and basically our company internet has been switched off and the ISP will not turn it back on until we move into our new place. So with no internet we had to go out and buy internet dongles, and minus many other problems with it, my emails wont send from Microsoft Outlook. I've tried changing various settings from other forum answers but none of these seem to be working.. I can receive emails, but when sending they appear in Outbox and in the bottom right hand corner the send/receive message says send/receive error.. Someone please help, we are using dongles for the next 3 weeks and cannot cope without access to emails!

Lianne

Related:

1 response

Hi Lianne,
Just check that your Outgoing mail server is set to smtp.yoururl.com if you are using POP3 mail server.

You can find that on Tools-Options-E-mail accounts- and double click your email account name.

I hope this helped...

Jack Hoover
I tried this, and when I sent the test message it just had errors connecting to outgoing server and error sending test message.. It says outlook cannot report to outgoing server..