Automatic Reboot

Closed
eternalgamer Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2009 - Jan 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM
nvidia33 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 - Jan 10, 2009 at 01:09 AM
Hello,

As of today I was getting some weird activity. My windows firewall automatically disabled. I reenabled it. Then I got a torjan virus warning from AVG and an error stating that win something or other could execute. I wanted to clear up my temp files so I used Windows Optimizer XP and it restarted my computer.

Every since then my computer will boot up, finish loading all of the programs and then I get a BSoD that lasts no more than a second before the computer restarts itself and continues its restarting loop again.

I've tried to look up serveral means to identify or fix the problem with no luck. Suggestions were given in 2004 and mostly mentioned the Blaster virus and ways to remove it but I do not have any time to install anything on the computer before it restarts.

Any help asap would be appreciated. Thanks.

~Andrew

1 response

nvidia33 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009
Jan 10, 2009 at 01:09 AM
hi,
you may run your computer in Safe Mode and try to remove the virus from there.
to enter safe mode by pressing F8 at start up.