-
Registration date
Thursday August 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 3, 2016
-
Hello,
I install ubuntu 10.04 to my system hp g42-357tu along with window 7 home basic.please tell me, how can I install sound driver in it?

3 replies

but in my ubuntu "Administration" there is no "additional Drivers" option.there is only "hardware driver" option.please help me to install sound driver in ubuntu.i can hear sound with the help of headphone,without headphone I cannot listen the sound.please help me.
Registration date
Thursday August 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 3, 2016
You can hear sound with your headphones, it means that sound driver is installed.
Single click on the Speaker icon at the right of your Panel then click on Sound Preference
A windows will appear. Click on Output tab and change the Connector properties to Analog Speakers then close. You'll normally hear sound from the speakers now.
Good Luck
after click on output tab ,there is only "internal audio analog stereo" option . there is no
Connector option.please help me.
Registration date
Thursday August 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 3, 2016
Look carefully, there is this option below "internal audio stereo".
It's Connector: Analog Headphones (for you), you change it to Analog Speakers
there is no other option except "internal audio analog stereo". I click on it but nothing happen.
please help me.
Registration date
Thursday August 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 3, 2016
Ok,

Go to terminal and type:
sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

In that file at the end copy and paste this:

options snd-card-0 enable=1 index=0 model=basic
options snd-hda-intel enable=1 index=0 model=basic

Save!

If still doesn't work, run gnome-volume-control and go to Switches tab. Now try to check/uncheck Speaker and Headphones.
Registration date
Thursday August 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 3, 2016
Greetings,

You must first connect to the internet for your sound driver installation:

Go to System->Administration->Additional Drivers and let him search for your sound driver. If it find it, just click on the driver to install it.

Good Luck!