Computer auto enters configuration&restarts

Closed
Dusketti - Jan 19, 2009 at 06:04 PM
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 - Jan 20, 2009 at 02:42 AM
Hello,
So i was downloading this program and I think it had a virus in it. Where it came from is not too important. It could also be malware. The problem went through a few phases. At first the computer started acting funny, stopping some of my programs. I restarted my computer and then something else happened. The whole desktop background would start blinking. It would blink off then blink on for a less than 6sec, then blink off again. I tried to run my free antimalware program but it wouldnt start up. how strange. I started to run the free super anti spyware program and it found a few things but i never got to finish the search. The computer restarted all of a suden. I tried it in safe mode and the desktop still blinked and malware still wouldnt work. I tried a few more time. Then a new problem. The computer on restart automatically goes into the configuration screen to pick from the safe modes and what not. but no matter which one I choose, the computer restarts. The screen flashes blue in the background and I can see there is a big error message but it flashes on and off in an instant so I can't read what it says. Now I dont know what to do.

thanks
Related:

2 responses

mbcmcb Posts 10 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 1
Jan 20, 2009 at 01:07 AM
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Jan 20, 2009 at 02:42 AM
You are not having any hardware problem, the virus is simulating the blue screen which normally is seen when windows has encountered problems or when you have got hardware problems...

Have you got another PC at your place?

Because you'll need to connect your hard disc to the other PC and run the virus scan. Remember not try accessing the hard disc before having removed the viruses.

Otherwise you'll copy the virus to all the other connected hard discs including connected pendrives...