Missing operating system - Help :(

Closed
tan - Apr 19, 2011 at 09:57 AM
 Anonymous User - Apr 19, 2011 at 01:18 PM
Hi

I have an old-ish pc which my lovely mother decided to mess around with.
Now it's saying missing operating system when I turn it on.

What can I do to sort it out.

Is there anything I can do?

Regards

Tania
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Apr 19, 2011 at 01:10 PM
If it's an old computer, I do not think he can accept Windows 7 which requires a good graphics card and RAM to at least one Giga.
You can limit install Windows XP or a Linux distribution (Ubuntu, Mandriva, Linux Mint) that are totally free

But to install an operating system in your hard drive, you must first configure your CD player so it is the first in your boot order in the bios. To configure this, refer to the instructions you are given in this link:
https://ccm.net/faq/648-boot-devices-modifying-boot-sequence

Good Luck
Anonymous User
Apr 19, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Hello,

The message you get when you turn on your pc shows that the hard disk has no system, so it can not start.
You should bring an official installtion cd of windows with a valid license key. You can buy it online or in computer stores.

I hope these instructions will help you

Regards
Hey thanks for the reply
I have windows 7 but I don't know how to sort it out, it doesn't do anything when I put the disk in :/ I'm kinda rubbish with computers to be honest. And I'm guessing my computer is too old to run windows 7
ahh awesome so it has to be the first thing to boot in the bios settings! Right I'll start the ball rolling tomorrow with all this, thanks for the advice! You're a star!
Anonymous User
Apr 19, 2011 at 01:18 PM
You are totally welcome Tan.

Let me know